Tuesday 21 April 2015

More Lichen Loveliness



As promised here is a selection of the Lichens we created on our Saturday Workshop in February with the talented and very friendly teacher, Sandra Kendall.

I cant remember who did what but I will say that there was not one single piece that didn't look both gorgeous and fantastically real.


A rhapsody in blue. I admired how this really stood up off the fabric even before embellishing. 
.


Below is the start of a lichen on brown felt using cream and beige wools. I think this colour way will look lovely once its finished.




Pretty lilac and pink wool.





Beads added to an orange centre. Love the purples around the edge.


Two more in corals.



I think you'll agree that a lot of fun can be had with some curly wool or fibre, a few simple stitches and beads. There is definitely a lot more to Lichen and Encrustations than at first is apparent. 


 As always Happy Stitching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment